Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Importance of Fun

One of the things I really try to encourage with my clients is a sense of playfulness during our portrait sessions. It's one of the things that I think makes me different as a photographer and artist. Being able to let go, have fun and even be a little silly is so wonderful. Our lives are filled with so many stressors on a regular basis....work, home, school, sports, extra-curricular activities, volunteering..... I could go on and on, but I don't want to stress anyone out! Taking time to just goof off for a little bit helps to keep this whole thing called life in perspective.

I recently photographed this family who totally got it! While the weather was not what we were exactly hoping for....we let that go and had a bit of fun. I especially love the silly faces at the end. They made me giggle.











No comments:

Post a Comment