Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fleeting Moments

I got a call a short while ago from a friend whose daughter I photographed about a year ago. She asked me to come by and photograph her 4 children (before the winter set in) doing what they usually do on sunny afternoons....playing in the yard, pushing a stroller, riding a bike, eating ice cream cones. As I talked with my friend about how she envisioned her portrait session, we both understood she wanted to do this because we know this special time will pass all too quickly. She wanted to capture this moment in time, so that she could hold it dear for years to come.

As I sit here and look at my son (now with 4 less teeth than at the beginning of the year), well into first grade, a full fledged flag football fanatic....I too am pondering just how precious and fleeting this time is.

I'm so glad my friend called. Things worked out that I was able to photograph her children the next day. It was an incredibly warm and sunny day (in the midst of the monsoon season here). It was meant to be. I hope she sees these images as special and as wonderful as I do.

Peace,
Gail













No comments:

Post a Comment